As we are about to come to the close of another year, I've been working with 9 simple questions to powerfully complete the year, and prepping the creation of a new amazing year ahead...
I call this "The Best Friend Process" and I've thought to pass it on to you:
Why do I call this "The Best Friend Process"?
Well...You know when you don't see a best friend for quite sometime, you notice the (+/-) changes immediately?
It's harder to get that same sense of perspective about ourselves because we see ourselves every day...
So... as you look back to Dec 2013, imagine you are your own best friend and you have not seen yourself in 1 year, then go ahead and take a moment to answer these questions for yourself..I will be doing that myself in a special notebook this week, and would love to compare notes with you.
Here are the 9 questions:
1. What specific results have you achieved so far this year?
2. How are you healthier, wealthier, wiser?
3. How are you winning or just holding ground?
4. What results are you committed to achieve by the end of the year? (make these last few days count, no athlete slows down in the last lap..)
5. How have you grown and what have you learned this year?
6. Is there any unfinished business that needs to be tended to in your life?
7. How are you actively pursuing what's most important to you on a daily basis?
8. What habits or behaviors do you need to change to ensure even better results? (you can use the "SKSfactor" for this one**)
9. What is the key issue that inhibits your ability to perform at your best? ("SKSfactor" great on this one too..**)
..a simple way to help you think of your answers, is by looking at any (preferably each) of the 8Fs:
(These are not to limit you, they are just to help you think of things)
**and remember, you can always use my "SKSfactor" to keep it simple for all the above questions (especially for 8 & 9)
with the "SKSfactor", you choose 3 simple things:
one thing you will Stop doing
one thing you will Keep doing
one thing you will Start doing
If you feel there is an area in which you have failed this year (mildly or big time), check out this 30' seconds Michael Jordan video I chose for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mMioJ5szc
I'll let you ponder & play with your process for now and I'd love to hear which was your favorite question, and why - I welcome your comments here below :)
If you are so inspired to pass this process on to others, feel free to do so, I simply ask you give them know the source as well.
In partnership to a powerful completion of 2013 and a prosperous 2014,